[Ffmpeg-devel] audio codec being used by phones in 3g2

François Revol revol
Mon Jan 9 02:05:29 CET 2006

> On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 05:13:53PM -0500, csismondo at adelphia.net
> wrote:
> >
> > QualComm Purevoice (.qcp) is being used on some phones in the .3g2
> > format. ffmpeg doesn't recognize it atm. QaulComm has the decoder
> > for
> > linux at:
> >
> > http://www.cdmatech.com/products/purevoice_download.jsp
>
> Is that the same as the Qualcomm Voice Codec (Qclp)?

I'd tend to believe so, or at least derived from it.
I'd say the "cp" is the same as "clp" and comes from QCELP,
the codec they made that was used in some telephony stuff
years ago in the US.
Got some doc and code around, wish I had the time to dig it.

Fran?ois.