[Ffmpeg-devel] snow MC simplification

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Sun Jan 15 21:41:54 CET 2006

Hi,

On 1/8/06, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Snow currently uses the h.264 luma MC functions if possible and if not
> (1/8 pel) then its own MC functions (mc_block())
> the result is that mc_block() is only used for some chroma blocks if qpel is
> enabled, so it would be nice if we could et rid of it, the attached patch
> does that, but it needs testing (encode stuff with and without and view with
> the respective player with and without the patch)

File to patch: snow.c
patching file snow.c
Hunk #2 FAILED at 2529.
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file snow.c.rej

rejected!

(sorry, I couldn't resist! ;o) )

Now, seriously, it seems this code doesn't apply anymore (even by
hand), and I haven't had a chance to test it until now.

Michael, can you send an updated patch?

Guillaume
--
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.
    Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

MPlayer's doc is offline. Find some fresh one here:
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/en/
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/fr/