[Ffmpeg-devel] snow MC simplification

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Mon Jan 16 23:13:59 CET 2006

Hi,

On 1/16/06, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 1/8/06, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Snow currently uses the h.264 luma MC functions if possible and if not
> > (1/8 pel) then its own MC functions (mc_block())
> > the result is that mc_block() is only used for some chroma blocks if qpel is
> > enabled, so it would be nice if we could et rid of it, the attached patch
> > does that, but it needs testing (encode stuff with and without and view with
> > the respective player with and without the patch)
> > if anyone has other ideas on how this can be simplified then dont hesitate
> > to reply ...
>

> I don't know if that was intended, but that patch fixed a chroma bug,
> as you may notice it on those 2 screenshots:
>
> vanilla version:
> http://tuxrip.free.fr/transperl/MPlayer/The%20Player%20-%20vanilla.png
>
> snow_MC_simplification patched version:
> http://tuxrip.free.fr/transperl/MPlayer/The%20Player%20snow_MC_simplification.png
>
> So either a recent commit broke snow, or just just fixed a
> longstanding bug... Anyway, that's good stuff!
>
> I've used those options:
> vcodec=snow:vstrict=-2:vqscale=2:pred=0:cmp=1:subcmp=1:mbcmp=1:qpel

I forgot to mention: my CPU is an AMD64 in 64 bits mode.

Guillaume
--
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.
    Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

MPlayer's doc is offline. Find some fresh one here:
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/en/
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/fr/