[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] rtjpeg decoding functions

Reimar at mplayerhq.hu Reimar
Wed Jan 18 11:04:16 CET 2006

Hi,
On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 12:50:00AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> if all the 8bit codewords are 8bit aligned then the bitstream reader seems
> a less then ideal way to read them, same for 4 and 2bit aligned stuff

For speed? Sure, using the bistream read is horrible. But I consider
rtjpeg a legacy format - until a short time ago it would not even work
on 64 bit and big endian platforms (at least in MPlayer) - so not
considered for "serious" but only for playing old files left over from
earlier times.
So if you don't overly mind, I'm for keeping with the bitstream reader
for simplicity.

Greetings,
Reimar Doeffinger