[Ffmpeg-devel] snow MC simplification

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Wed Jan 18 19:38:40 CET 2006

Hi,

On 1/17/06, Guillaume Poirier <docmaintainerwannabe at laposte.net> wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 02:17:14PM +0100, Guillaume Poirier wrote:
> [..]
> >>A bit more precision about the drift to pink problem I experienced: each
> >>new picture drifts more and more towards pink, until probably a keyframe
> >>makes the color look normal once again.
> >>
> >>Would it help if I were uploading the 300 frames sample I encoded?
> >>I don't remember how big it was though...
> >

> > first please confirm that both encoder and player used the same snow.c
> > and not patched player but unpatched encoder or so
>
> Ahem, you've indeed spotted the problem. I tried decoding with the
> patched version samples created with both the patched and the unpatched
> version of snow.c. Now I understand why I saw those artifacts. Damn me!
>
> I'll look into this when I have the time.

Ok. I just tested decoding the samples w/ a vanilla snow.c: they decode fine.
But decoding the samples created with snow_MC_simplification.patch w/
a vanilla snow.c leads to a drift towards green.

So, I guess this patch does work as expected, including changing the bitstream!

Cheers,

Guillaume
--
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.
    Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

MPlayer's doc is offline. Find some fresh one here:
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/en/
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/fr/