[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] H.264 crash

Diego Biurrun diego
Wed Jan 18 21:57:57 CET 2006

Hi,

I have a sample here that makes the H.264 decoder (MPlayer, MPlayer with
lavf demuxer, xine, vlc, ffplay) crash with the following message:

[h264 @ 0x106463c8]reference picture missing during reorder
[h264 @ 0x106463c8]reference picture missing during reorder
[h264 @ 0x106463c8]reference picture missing during reorder
mplayer: h264.c:2610: mc_dir_part: Assertion `pic->data[0]' failed.

Get the sample from here:

ftp://sandman.homedns.org/diego/ffmpeg/killbillclip.avi

The crash happens both on my G4 (Debian unstable, gcc 4.0.3) and on my K6
(Debian stable, gcc 2.95.4), so it's not platform dependent.

The sample may very well be a broken bitstream, but a crash is bad
nevertheless.  If you need the backtrace I'll gladly provide it.

Diego