[Ffmpeg-devel] Strange problem with H.264 video in MPEG2 TS...

Måns Rullgård mru
Fri Jan 20 11:10:15 CET 2006

Luca Abeni said:
> Hi all,
>
> I am hitting some strange problem... How to reproduce:
[...]
> The detected frame rate for the video (12.50) is obviously wrong.
>
> If I use mpeg4 video instead of H.264, everything works well:
[...]
> So, summing up, it seems that the problem is limited to H.264 video in
> MPEG2TS when the input is read from a pipe...
> Any ideas?

It looks like you are using the latest x264 version and a slightly older
ffmpeg.  Update both to the very latest.

> How is the fps computed? By decoding the first frames of the H.264
> stream? If yes, does the H.264 decoder need to do some seek? (this is
> the only case in which I can immagine something different when reading
> from a pipe...)

When reading from a file, lavf reads a few frames and computes the framerate
using container timestamps, overriding the value from the elementary stream.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com