[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg rtp streaming problem

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Mon Jan 23 08:54:50 CET 2006

Hello,

On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 13:33 +0100, Paolo Tagliavini wrote:
> Dear all ,
>
> I'm working on ffmpeg version 0.4.9-pre1 build 4718 for streaming in rtp
> multimedia files.
> When a I use follow command:  ffmpeg -i myfile.avi -vcodec mpeg4
> rtp://193.168.3.15:8801
> ffmpeg  show me follow messag error: "Unable for find a suitable output
> format for 'rtp://193.168.3.15:8801' "
I think you forgot the "-f rtp" option. Try to add it, and everything
should work without problems.

BTW: Last summer, I posted some instructions about MPEG4 streaming over
RTP with ffmpeg...
Search on the mailing list archives, and you'll find a simple working
recipe for streaming with ffmpeg.

				Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !

 Sponsor:
 L'auto dei tuoi sogni? Findomestic ti offre finanziamenti chiari e semplici senza anticipi!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3940&d=23-1