[Ffmpeg-devel] Maybe (?), robustness patch

Erik Slagter erik
Mon Jan 23 14:06:07 CET 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 13:53 +0100, fixounet at free.fr wrote:

> I've patched lavformat to create the avcC atom using the extradata infos
> It is a really small patch, very similar to the code used for esds atom for
> mp4/aac (10 lines or so). It is simple because the full atom is passed as
> extraData to be as symetric as possible.
>
> The problem is creating the avcC atom. I thought i built it ok, but apparently
> not since the result are those funny files that crash libavcodec.

And how about encoding to h264 (from whatever codec)? I am simply trying
to get to know as much as possible on this issue, so I might be able to
contribute something in this area. There was also the issue that the
atoms where inserted at the wrong point in the stream (at the back
instead of the front). Did you do any work on this?