[Ffmpeg-devel] OT - languages (was: Re: Semantic Error?)

Dieter freebsd
Tue Jan 31 11:23:37 CET 2006

> Anyway, I think spelling of English (either American or British) is
> ehrm... suboptimal anyway. The relation between how a word is written
> and how it is pronounced is very ehrm... weak, which makes it very
> difficult for non-native speakers to learn the language.

language	written <--> pronounced relation

German		strong
English		medium
French		none that I can detect

Then there are languages like Chinese, where you can't even
hear the difference between words unless you are exposed to
those sound differences very early in life.