[Ffmpeg-devel] how to optimise the Decoder of MPEG4 in a rm

Guillaume Poirier gpoirier
Wed Jul 5 15:01:50 CEST 2006

Hi,
huzhanghao wrote:
> hi:
>   All, These days I have transported the libavcodec to ARM Linux system, so that I can play video on LCD.
>   I have do YUV2RGB optimization, but the speed of decoding is still slow.
>   how can I improve the speed of decoding?
>   who can I do ,if I want do more optimization in ARM?

you could have a look at the MPlayer-W100
http://atty.skr.jp/WebSVN/log.php?repname=mplayer-w100 : it has a fair
deal of new optimizations all over, but none have been backported to
our tree.

If ever you can make good patches out of mplayer-w100 don't hesitate
to submit them back here.

NB: some of the optimizations involve using intel's IPP library.

Guillaume