[Ffmpeg-devel] OpenAVS Project Help Wanted

Måns Rullgård mru
Fri Jul 7 10:04:34 CEST 2006

zhou13 at netscape.net writes:

> I am maintainer of the openavs project at
> http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/openavs/.  OpenAVS implements a
> new Chinese standard called AVS ( GB/T 20090.2-2006 Information
> technology - Advanced coding of audio and video ).  Date of release of
> the standard is March, 1st 2006 ( very new ).
>
> We have early access to the standard documents ( Part 1-System, Part
> 2- Video, Part 7-Mobile Video). We have 2 people working on this
> project currently. ( i am from China and another guy from Taiwan ).

Nice to see that you don't all hate each other ;-)

> The standard is written in Chinese. AVS Part 1-System is backward
> compatible with MPEG-2.

It depends on what you mean by compatible.  They store AVS video in
elementary PES streams with id 0xe0 without indicating in any way that
it is not MPEG2 video.  I don't like that.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com