[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: OpenAVS Project Help Wanted

Stefan Gehrer stefan.gehrer
Fri Jul 7 13:41:33 CEST 2006

Von: zhou13

> I was just planning to vectorize the code and Stefan already did it.
> The performance of the new code is /better/ than the official binary
> Directshow filter version that is released by the original AVS
> developers and better than the current openavs 1.0.3 release.

Good to hear.

> I would
> still like to retro-fit Stefan's patch back to the OpenAVS project
> because there wilare application scenarios that use only one codec (
> like in DVB and DMB ). So that will still be valuable.

I think OpenAVS is GPL while libavcodec is LGPL. But feel free to use
my code under GPL too, I have no problem with that.

> However, what is
> done now is only the decoder part. Is there anyone who likes to make an
> open source AVS encoder?

I have interest, but little time at hand. Also, I just started doing some
MMX optimisations of cavsdsp, and having never done MMX code before this
is not coming along fast.

Regards
Stefan Gehrer

Ideal f?r Modem und ISDN: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer