[Ffmpeg-devel] Using libavutil in MPlayer

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Jul 8 15:02:06 CEST 2006

Hi

On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 02:17:54PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> I'd like to use some of the functions in libavutil in MPlayer to avoid
> duplicating code.
> Now, one of these is GET_UTF8 (in libavutil/common.h). The problem is,
> this is only defined when HAVE_AV_CONFIG_H is defined - but in that
> case, malloc, printf etc. are defined to the please_use_.. functions.
> Do you have a suggestion for a non-hacky/ugly solution to this?

hmm move GET_UTF8 out of #ifdef HAVE_AV_CONFIG_H?

and maybe split common.h into HAVE_AV_CONFIG_H and non HAVE_AV_CONFIG_H
headers, and then maybe even move the HAVE_AV_CONFIG_H header back
to lavc ...

> And another thing, would moving the LE/BE_16/32 macros from
> libavcodec/avcodec.h to libavutil a good/acceptable thing?

no, rather move the LD/ST16/32 from dsputil.h
or the unaligned stuff from bitstream.h to libavutil
and change all the getXX, LDXX LE_XX BE_XX unalignedXX so it all uses
lavu