[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Using libavutil in MPlayer

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Jul 8 15:04:40 CEST 2006

Hi

On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 01:44:56PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Baptiste Coudurier <baptiste.coudurier at smartjog.com> writes:
>
> > Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >> I'd like to use some of the functions in libavutil in MPlayer to avoid
> >> duplicating code.
> >> Now, one of these is GET_UTF8 (in libavutil/common.h). The problem is,
> >> this is only defined when HAVE_AV_CONFIG_H is defined - but in that
> >> case, malloc, printf etc. are defined to the please_use_.. functions.
> >> Do you have a suggestion for a non-hacky/ugly solution to this?
>
> Hmm... always define it?
>
> >> And another thing, would moving the LE/BE_16/32 macros from
> >> libavcodec/avcodec.h to libavutil a good/acceptable thing?
>
> Speaking of those, they conflict with stuff in system headers on
> Solaris.
>
> > What about also moving av_malloc, av_free etc.. to avutil ?
>
> IMHO that would make sense.

it makes lavu dependant on malloc() and free() IIRC someone rich?
was against that ...

also if we do move av_malloc, av_free etc.. to avutil then sws could
use them unconditionally and we could simplify it a little ...