[Ffmpeg-devel] unset variables used in libavcodec/Makefile

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Sat Jul 8 22:40:57 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 7/8/06, Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> wrote:
> Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>

> > In some point in the future, I'd like to at least test if IPP routines
> > are faster than lavc's on IA32, and backport the ARM improvements that
> > have be done on MPlayer-w100...
>
> Isn't IPP non free/non open?

Indeed. But I don't know what the consequences for LGPL. I'm sure that
for GPL isn't not possible to link non-free code, but what about LGPL?
Isn't the whole point of LGPL to allow using LGPL code in a non-free
environment?

> > I just need time...
>
> I have an altivec & ppc64 crash course for you, be ready =P

^|^

Guillaume
--
"Bald guys never have a bad hair day."