[Ffmpeg-devel] samples database

Mike Melanson mike
Sun Jul 9 23:23:54 CEST 2006

Attila Kinali wrote:
> The goal is to catalog and categorize all the samples we have,
> so that given any criteria, all matching files can be found.
>
> Yes, your wiki does part of this job, but the key word here
> is _all_. There is no point in having such a big samples collection
> if the samples cannot be found, resp only a small percentage
> of them is used because noone knows about the others.

As another concept, how about a custom page on the Wiki, editable only
by an anointed few (you, me, Diego, and Roberto for starters), that
contains information formatted in a particular manner (like CSV). Then
someone writes a custom script that retrieves the data via HTTP and
looks for the desired information. If HTTP is undesirable, MediaWiki
probably allows for all kinds of download modes. We just need to examine
the Wiki documentation (oh dear).

--
	-Mike Melanson