[Ffmpeg-devel] samples database

Mike Melanson mike
Sun Jul 9 23:52:25 CEST 2006

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Hence the "where possible" qualifier.  Things like container format
> and codecs should be possible to probe automatically (unless it's a
> file that specifically lies about codecs or something).

Good call. I know of at least one Win32 program that can do this (which
escapes me right now)-- scan through your collective of AVI files and
create a list of codecs used. Yes, for the standard containers (AVI,
WAV, ASF, AIFF, MOV, etc.) we should be able to create a cursory
database/spreadsheet automatically with some simple ad-hoc tools.

--
	-Mike Melanson