[Ffmpeg-devel] libswscale merged into the FFmpeg repository

Diego Biurrun diego
Wed Jul 12 17:43:18 CEST 2006

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 07:59:24PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 06:45:26PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 04:09:36PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > >
> > > As promised I have created a prototype of the FFmpeg repository where
> > > libswscale has been added with complete history.  You can browse it
> > > online at
> > >
> > >   http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg.libswscale/
> > >
> > > or check it out as usual
> > >
> > >   svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg.libswscale/
> > >
> > > What I did was filter out libswscale and postproc from the MPlayer repo
> > > and then load those 444 revisions into the FFmpeg repository.  Dates and
> > > author names have been kept, just all those new revisions have been
> > > added.
> > >
> > > This is what adding libswscale complete with history could look like.
> >
> > Note that this will not break or harm current checkouts in any way.  The
> > next 'svn up' will just make a bigger step than usual.
>
> hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ...
> are you sure that what you did is ok? revison numbers and dates are not
> monotone anymore ...

Revision numbers are monotone.  It's just that 444 revisions have been
added.  The database cannot tell if this happened through 444 commits or

Yes, dates are not monotone anymore.  A workaround for this would be to
commit all those 444 revisions with an adjusted current date, possibly
also changing the author.

> what about checkng out a specific revision number or a specific date
> will i if i check out yesterdays date get all files for for revision X
> or all files with different revision numbers but the date of yesterday?

Checking out by revision number is not a problem.  Checking out by date
is trickier.  Subversion seems to be doing some strange things. If you
check out a snapshot from 20060420, libswscale/postproc is not there.  A
checkout from 20060630 does contain postproc/, though.  The last
revision before I added libswscale is from 20060707...

> and do you know of some docs/ML posts/source/whatever that says clearly
> that such tricks are ok? i dont want to trash ffmpeg-svn ...

Not offhand.

There's always the possibility of just moving libswscale without
history.  Given that the history is readily available in the MPlayer
repository I don't think this is such a bad option.

Diego