[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg bloats in memory if no key frame is receieved

Dan Fruehauf malkodan
Wed Jul 12 19:35:45 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've been trying to decode a very long MPEG4 (a record of a couple of days).
After a while of decoding the stream I noticed that ffmpeg was starting to
bloat in memory.

>From a dig inside the code I've noticed that this stream contained only 1
key frame in the begining of the stream, the rest of the frames were
partial.
A look inside the code had explained it all - ffmpeg will save backwards all
partial frames going back to the last key frame handled.
In general I'm aware that this stream is somewhat bogus, but is there any
intention to fix this and prevent ffmpeg from bloating in memory?

Thanks in advance,
Dan.