[Ffmpeg-devel] Bug in libavutil/snow.c -> Generating internal compiler errors?

Olivier Engelkes riv
Thu Jul 13 22:14:06 CEST 2006

matthieu castet wrote:

> Olivier Engelkes wrote:
>
>> Hello FFMpeg Mailing list users,
>>
>> Is this allready known? If so is anyone allready working on a fix?
>>
> [...]
>
>> arm-softfloat-linux-gnu-gcc: Internal error: Killed (program cc1)
>> Please submit a full bug report.
>> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
>> make[1]: *** [snow.o] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/riv/ffmpeg/libavcodec'
>> make: *** [lib] Error 2
>> grid01:~/ffmpeg>
>>
> seems a gcc bug not a ffmpeg one ...

Of course I can't exclude the possibility of a buggy gcc, but experience
showed it to work quite well, even on huge projects, so it's 50-50...

I suspected a bug due to a lot of codelines which are commented out, and
FIXME statements. It seemed as though this file is undergoing
developpment right now.

Best regards,

Olivier Engelkes