[Ffmpeg-devel] integrating AVS decoding into MPlayer

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Fri Jul 14 07:50:20 CEST 2006

Hello,
On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 10:11:30PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> "Stefan Gehrer" <stefan.gehrer at gmx.de> writes:
> > Von: "M?ns Rullg?rd"
> >> I don't see how this fourcc gets used.  The files are MPEG PS, and the
> >> lavf PS demuxer detects AVS video without consulting that table.

And what about remuxing into e.g. avi?

> > MPlayer's demux_lavf.c calls codec_get_bmp_tag() to translate lavf's
> > codec_id into a codec_tag, and it seems that it does things after that
> > based on codec_tag only, but I might be wrong.
>
> That's just plain wrong.  Someone needs to fix mplayer.

What is so wrong about that? And how should it be fixed? By duplicating
the codec_get_bmp_tag and table? By switching to codec id instead of
fourcc? What would be the advantage of that?

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger