[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: integrating AVS decoding into MPlayer

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Sun Jul 16 16:04:23 CEST 2006

Hi

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> [...]
>
> iam fully agreing here but thats not what i was talking about, i am not
> talking about where the SPS & PPS are stored but how they are
> mov uses a very weird method of reformatimg them while all it had to do was
> just to leave the startcode prefixes before the SPS & PPS

Weird ? It stores the size of the NAL instead of startcode. H264
bytestream startcode can vary from size 3 or 4 in bytes. I find putting
the size method, faster, cleaner, simpler. Thats just my 2 cents.

> also note, just in case anyone doenst know, AVI has a spot where a codec
> can store a global header, SPS&PPS should be stored there, its just that
> whoever first put mpeg4 / h.264 in avi decided due to stupidity not to put
> the global headers there ...
>
> [...]

Hell...

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com