[Ffmpeg-devel] move av_malloc & friends to libavutil

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Jul 17 16:30:17 CEST 2006

Hi

On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 02:55:47PM +0200, Luca Abeni wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I updated my old patch for moving av_{malloc, free, etc} to libavutil,
> and I attach it to this email.
>
> Some notes:
> 1) This is the "stupid" patch generated by quilt: for reviewing it,
> consider that mem.c is moved from libavcodec to libavutil changing the
> includes from
> #include "avcodec.h"
> #include "common.h"
> #include "memutil.h"

hmm, i would prefer a more minimal patch, with only av_malloc() av_free()
av_realloc() moved to lavu, as lavu is supposed to be small and so IMO
we shouldnt move something to it unless its really needed

> 2) The configure check for malloc() is not implemented yet. Can it be
> implemented in a second time, or is it necessary before committing the
> patch?

as mans said, this is not very important ...