[Ffmpeg-devel] av_log() bloatedness

François Revol revol
Mon Jul 17 22:50:37 CEST 2006

> Hi
>
> instead of directly using av_log_callback() we have av_log() and
> av_vlog()
> instead of directly setting av_log_level we have av_log_get/
> set_level()

How about, like, we might want to always log to a file #if DEBUG in add
of calling av_log_callback someday... or some custom profiling...
I'd think it should also do some thread locking to serialize calls to
the callback, well that's how it should be done.

and what if the callback ptr is set to NULL ? (don't slap :p)

> why?
> is there some deeper reason behind this? or just the CS/OOP/java
> braindamage

Call it managed code, OOP or whatever...

Fran?ois.