[Ffmpeg-devel] av_log() bloatedness

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Mon Jul 17 23:42:18 CEST 2006

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> instead of directly using av_log_callback() we have av_log() and av_vlog()

supposedly somebody could like to have a custom callback() like a syslog
one.

> instead of directly setting av_log_level we have av_log_get/set_level()
>
> why?

as is it has no sense at all, maybe adding some threadsafeness could
motivate their existence an epsilon (0,0000001% maybe?)

> is there some deeper reason behind this? or just the CS/OOP/java braindamage
> if later i will remove it under #if LIBAVUTIL_VERSION_INT < ... so that
> it will disaprear the next time we break compatibility

as oop-braindamage as is I'd keep them for the sake of not exposing a
bare variable even if it isn't critical at all.

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC