[Ffmpeg-devel] libtheora brokenness in lavc

matthieu castet castet.matthieu
Thu Jul 20 08:04:57 CEST 2006

Hi,
Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> all files i have (not many ...) either play perfectly with ffmpeg or
> they arent playable with libtheora at all
All my streams also decode with ffmpeg decoder

> so IMHO if noone finds a theora file which can be played with libtheora
> but not with ffmpeg, then libtheora support should be dropped its one
> dependancy less ...

Do you know what's missing to have a full theora decoder ?
- Qis support
- different pixel format
- ...

I wonder if any of these missing features will be in next libtheora
releases and make the ffmpeg decoder not decode all theora streams.

Matthieu