[Ffmpeg-devel] Matroska Conversion Errors

Ewan Grantham ewan.grantham
Thu Jul 20 16:29:54 CEST 2006

Am currently using the version of FFMPeg that is packaged for Ubuntu
6.06 (ffmpeg Version CVS, build 3276800). I am trying to convert a
.MKV (matroska) file to an MPEG-2 file so I can play it back on my
home Tivo.

Running the conversion, I see a number of errors like the following:

Error while decoding stream #0.0
[matroska @ 0x82c8200]FIXME: implement support for BlockDurations
[matroska @ 0x82c8200]FIXME: implement support for BlockDuration
[mpeg4  @ 0x82c8200]header damaged

Do I need a more recent version of ffmpeg? Or is there something wrong
with the following command line when decoding an MKV:

ffmpeg -i "Episode_01.mkv" -target ntsc-dvd -acodec mp2 -ab 192 -ac 2
-ar 48000 -b 4096 -r 29.97 -s 720x480 -vcodec mpeg2video "Episode
01.mpg"

TIA,
Ewan