[Ffmpeg-devel] Got error while converting the mpg to 3gp in ffmpeg

Panagiotis Issaris takis.issaris
Mon Jul 24 15:33:55 CEST 2006

Hi,

samir ghodasara wrote:
> Output #0, 3gp, to '/root/Desktop/samir/output/4.3gp':
>  Stream #0.0: Video: h263, yuv420p, 176x144, 25.00 fps, q=2-31, 50 kb/s
>  Stream #0.1: Audio: 0x0000, 48000 Hz, stereo, 64 kb/s
> Stream mapping:
>  Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
>  Stream #0.1 -> #0.1
> [h263 @ 0x83209cc]removing common factors from framerate
> Unsupported codec for output stream #0.1
> linux:~ #
>
> i am completely new user and can't able to find what is the problem.
> So,plese tell me what i have to  do to solve the problem?
I think the 3GP output format uses the AMR audiocodec by default. FFmpeg
does not include a native AMR encoder, but you can hook one into it by
following the advice in ffmpeg/libavcodec/amr.c.

Oh yes, next time you should post usage related questions to the
ffmpeg-user
mailinglist. This mailinglist is used for discussions related to FFmpeg
development.

With friendly regards,
Takis