[Ffmpeg-devel] DV Metadata Patch

Brian Brice bbrice
Thu Jul 27 03:04:51 CEST 2006

I've been working on getting metadata for DV encoded frames written
properly within the frame's header.  It seems as if lavf/dv.c's
dv_format_frame() is the function that can perform this task, except
it should be done within the codec level rather than output format.

The patch I've attached is pretty much moving those functions from the
muxer side to the codec.  I'm a bit stuck on the organization that you
guys follow though.  This code calls lavf/cutils.c's brktimegm().  I
copied this function from lavf to lavc just as a temporary "get it to
work" solution.  The functions in lavf/cutils.c, couldn't they go into
lavu?

Anyway, I'm sending this patch to you guys for advice on how to organize
this "move" more efficiently within the library.  Thanks!

--
Brian Brice