[Ffmpeg-devel] MPEG2 seeking broken

Ulrich von Zadow coder
Thu Jul 27 17:25:25 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've managed to reproduce the error with a version of ffplay modified as
per the attached patch. The modified version seeks using the video
stream. For xvids, this works perfectly, for mpeg2s, it produces garbled
images and the error messages that you've already seen.

I've got a small (200k, 160x120, 10 seconds) test movie if you need one.

Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> As Ulrich mail indicates this could have something in common with
> Motion Vectors so I'll assume that the problem is in the
> forward/backward_f_code been set to 0.
> If that's the case then setting error_resilence lower than
> FF_ER_COMPLAINT (2) would make the crash go away.

Setting error_resilence to FF_ER_CAREFUL (1) didn't change anything.

Regards,

   Uli