[Ffmpeg-devel] Some other questions about swscale integration

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Jul 28 14:37:17 CEST 2006

Hi all,

On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 17:20 +0200, Luca Abeni wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I updated my patches for using swscaler in ffmpeg, and I have them
> working again. I'll send them tomorrow so that interested people can do
> some testing.
As promised, here are the patches.

I only lightly tested them (and I am still not sure if the configure /
Makefiles part is ok), but people who use often ffmpeg's crop / pad /
rescale / pixel format conversion can start testing them, and report if
they see regressions or changes in the quality or speed.

How to use the patches:
1) Apply move-ffmpeg-to-sws.diff, move-output_example-to-sws.diff,
move-ffplay-to-sws.diff, and sws-internal.diff (the only dependency is
that sws-internal.diff must be applied after all the other patches)
2) Copy libswscale from the mplayer repository to the ffmpeg directory
3) Copy mplayer/asmalign.h and mplayer/libmpcodecs/img_format.h to
ffmpeg/libswscale
4) configure with "./configure --enable-swscaler --enable-gpl" and
compile

Note that I also tried "./configure --enable-swscaler --enable-gpl
--enable-shared --disable-static" and it seemed to work.

			Thanks,
				Luca

P.S.: I still have to re-review and stress-test the patches, so this is
not a submission for inclusion in the svn repository yet.

                               N O    W A R ! ! !