[Ffmpeg-devel] Some other questions about swscale integration

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Jul 28 17:40:55 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 15:15 +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
[...]
> > +    [PIX_FMT_RGB565] = IMGFMT_RGB16,    ///< always stored in cpu endianness
> > +    [PIX_FMT_RGB555] = IMGFMT_RGB15,    ///< always stored in cpu endianness, most significant bit to 1
> > +    [PIX_FMT_UYVY422] = IMGFMT_UYVY,   ///< Packed pixel, Cb Y0 Cr Y1
>
> I wonder if we could use lavc names in MPlayer instead.
Well, that's basically my plan...
But in order to reduce the probability of breaking mplayer, I intend to
do it in some steps:
1) introduce support for ffmpeg names in libswscale (this patch)
2) introduce in ffmpeg the code for using libswscale
3) change libswscale to internally use ffmpeg names (so, the code
introduced by this patch is only a temporary solution)
4) finally switch to ffmpeg names, and remove support for PIX_FMT_*
(changing mplayer to use ffmpeg names)

			Luca