[Ffmpeg-devel] mingw (--enable-shared) build broken

Andrew Voznytsa andrew.voznytsa
Mon Jul 31 23:08:19 CEST 2006

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 07:37:59PM +0300, Andrew Voznytsa wrote:
>
>> mingw (--enable-shared) build broken - export libraries are not
>> generated. Revision 5867.
>>

> Can you try to be more specific?  What exactly is broken?  Which
> revision introduced the problem?  r5867 was a TODO list update, so the
> problem must have been introduced earlier.

.def file for corresponding .dll is not generated (possibly because of
problem related to Makefile changes in some older revisions) and
therefore .lib file for this dll is not generated too (.lib file is
generated from .def file using MS librarian). Absence of .lib file
prevents to use .dll in other software (using MS compiler tool chain)
because of linker complains that ffmpeg externals are unresolved.

r5867 - this is what I checked out and tried to compile. Before this I
used some older version (CVS, LIBAVCODEC_VERSION 51.0.0) where
everything was ok.

If you have other questions feel free to ask

--

Best regards,
Andrew Voznytsa