[Ffmpeg-devel] -pad parameters

herve.flores herve.flores
Tue Jun 6 17:23:53 CEST 2006

Le 6 juin 06 ? 14:00, Luca Abeni a ?crit :

> Hi Herv?,
>
> On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 13:38 +0200, herve.flores wrote:
> [...]
>>> I do not know how correct it is, but does the attached patch fix the
>>> problem? (as I said, I do not know the aspect stuff well... So,
>>> comments
>>> are welcome).
>>>
>>> 			Thanks,
>>> 				Luca
>>
>> with just one try (the last command that didn't work) the result
>> is ...
>> GREAT !!!!!
> Ok, good.
> I'll see if the patch is ok for committing it to the svn repository
> (people that know this aspect stuff better than me might want to
> comment
> on it).
>
> [...]
>> did you have an other patch do you want me to try, for the padcolor
>> and ppm ? ;-)))
> Ehhh... I had a better look at the code, and now I know why it is not
> working: padding does not work for output pixel formats that are
> not yuv
> planar :(

sounds great yet that you find the problem :-)

> I'll fix this, but I will need some time.
> In the meanwhile, the only solution is to use an output pixel format
> such as yuv420p... Maybe you can use "-vcodec pgmyuv"?

oups, I didn't know this "vcodec" but the result is strange:
ffmpeg -v 1 -i ~/test_pad.mp4 -s 720x436 -padtop 70 -padbottom 70 -
padcolor 000000 -ss 2 -vframes 1 -vcodec pgmyuv -f rawvideo -y
output.pgm

-> a picture with "y" on the top, and "u" and "v" (each one in quater
of size of "y"), I don't think I will use it ;-)

Sorry to use the same topic to write it (I wanted to talk about each
bug separatly, but you talks about yuv, then maybe all is linked...)
the parameter "-gray" (to "suppress" u&v) does not work with dv
output (in PAL or NTSC), but works great for example with mpeg2 output
(same source)
example :
ffmpeg -v 1 -i  ~/test_pad.mp4 -s 720x576 -gray toto -y output.dv ->
an output in yuv420 with full color (keep the value of u & v)
ffmpeg -v 1 -i  ~/test_pad.mp4 -s 720x576 -gray toto -y output.m2v -
 >  an output in yuv420 with no color (set the value of u & v to
"neutral")

I had an other report to do then I prefer to open a new "topic-mail"

bye and thanks

> 				Luca

:-)

Herv?