[Ffmpeg-devel] Image width converted from 320 to 352 pixels

Panagiotis Issaris takis.issaris
Fri Jun 9 10:41:23 CEST 2006

Hi,

Ramiro Polla wrote:
> [...]
> I noticed the buffer is for 352x240 pixels. With my 320x240 image, I
> simply lose 32 pixels every line. So every line starts shifted by
> another 32 pixels, and the image goes short at the end. It's like if I
> took a [320][240] array and made it [352][240], not displaying 32
> pixels per line. Like
> [...]
> Is there something I'm missing from withing libavcodec about buffer
> sizes or something like that?

I do not really know what structs you are using, but if you are using
AVFrame, then besides the actual buffer data, stored in "uint8_t *data[4];"
there's also the "int linesize[4];" which is possibly 352 in your
specific case. So, the width of the image is not necessarily the same as
the linesize
or stride.

Hope this helps (if I understood your problem correctly in the first
place :) ).

With friendly regards,
Takis