[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg help going to both stdout and stderr.

Emil Rojas erojas
Mon Jun 12 22:37:06 CEST 2006

I   understand that one can do this.  I understand now that changing the
logging system  to go the stdout would be a bad idea, so maybe the problem
is that usage information is dumped via the logging system instead of
printf.    Thoughts?  Note that only part of the usage is dumped this way.

On 6/12/06, Erik Slagter <erik at slagter.name> wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 10:37 +0200, Michel Bardiaux wrote:
> > On some shells it is relatively easy to redirect stderr. Eg with sh or
> bash:
> > ffmpeg -h 2>myfile
>
> On zsh and (t?)csh: ffmpeg -h |& less
> This will give you all of stdout and stderr through less.

emilio