[Ffmpeg-devel] About swscale

Guillaume Poirier gpoirier
Wed Jun 14 17:17:44 CEST 2006

Hi,

Luca Abeni wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 14:51 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> [...]
>
>>ok, so if i understand it correctly then after mplayer-headers-cleanup2.diff
>>is applied and postproc is moved into some svn:external libswscale and
>>this is applied, everything will still work?
>
> Yes, this is the idea. I tried here, and it works (but maybe there is
> some mplayer configuration option that I did not try...).
>

>>if so then i think we should
>>try to get these 2 patches applied and swscale moved out before we work
>>on the remainder ...
>
> Yes, that was my plan. I sent the patches to mplayer-dev-eng some time
> ago, but nothing happened

Usually, if you're doing/proposing smth terribly wrong, ppl will speak
up. If what you are saying is reasonable, then ppl are either excited
or do not reply at all.
Just see it as "I don't care"

>>>-static SwsContext *swsContext = NULL;
>>>+static struct SwsContext *swsContext = NULL;
>>>+static int W;
>>
>>a more descriptive name should be used here
>>
>>except that the mplayer-headers-cleanup2.diff can be applied
>
> Ok; I'll change that variable into image_width and I'll resubmit the
> patch to mplayer-dev-eng.

For what it's worth, Michael is also a man in charge in MPlayer-dev,
which means that if he OKed your patches here, you can consider that
they are okay for inclusion in MPlayer. However, it's always nice to
send a patch to see what ppl have to say about it.
What I'm trying to get at is: unless you get terribly flamed, if you
get no answer to your post in mplayer-dev within a few days, then you
can go ahead and commit your changes.

Same for the rest of the patches as long as Michael agrees.

Guillaume