[Ffmpeg-devel] ffplay not compiled anymore

Måns Rullgård mru
Wed Jun 14 17:25:45 CEST 2006

Luca Abeni said:
> Hi M?ns,
>
> On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 16:15 +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> [...]
>> IMHO, requiring the latest released version of libs is reasonable.
>> Supporting Debian stable is just not feasible.
> Maybe I am misunderstanding the code... But it seems to me that X calls
> were used only to get the screen dimensions. And this is only needed for
> fullscreen mode, no?

That is correct.  Something had to be done, since the build was failing on
distributions that use current versions of libs (that's most of them).

If you ask nicely, I can make configure check the SDL capabilities, and
disable fullscreen mode if it is too old.  Strictly speaking, the X calls
were incorrect all along, so I'd rather not reintroduce them.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com