[Ffmpeg-devel] [patch] very preliminary FLAC encoder

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Jun 24 12:17:40 CEST 2006

Hi

On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 01:28:02AM -0400, Justin Ruggles wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am happy to say that I have a working FLAC encoder in FFmpeg.  Right
> now it is just a very rudimentary version of what it will eventually
> become.  I just wanted to first make it work properly & generate valid
> FLAC files using FFmpeg's CRC, bitwriter, and golomb functionality.
>
> Note that it includes the previous patch I submitted for encoding the
> last partial frame so as to enable lossless audio.  I know that this
> would actually be a separate commit, but seeing as how it's not applied
> yet... ;)
>
> Also, I had to modify the golomb writer to handle codes with a larger
> unary portion than can be written in a single put_bits() call.  I don't
> think this change affects the JPEG-LS encoder in any adverse way.
>
> flacenc.c obviously goes in the libavcodec directory.  Is there a way to
> get SVN to include the new file inline in the patch?
>
> If there is anything here that looks unacceptable at this point please
> just let me know.

patch is ok and applied, i surely spotted a few things which can be
simplified but ill just simplify these myself, saves us from a
explain-resubmit-rereview cycle, dont fear i wont do any big changes ...