[Ffmpeg-devel] About swscale

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Jun 24 12:52:14 CEST 2006

Hi

On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 12:25:49PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 07:28:21PM +0200, Luca Abeni wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 16:04 +0200, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:

> > > Wow ! I really doubt this is possible to svn mv between two different repos !
> > > I guess you won't be able to keep history.
> > Yes, you are right... I hoped mplayer and ffmpeg were on the same
> > repository, so that "svn mv" could work...
> > But I just verified that something like
> > svn mv svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk/postproc  svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk/libswscale
> > fails, saying
> > svn: No repository found in 'svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu'
> >
> > So, how can I move the software scaler? I think loosing the history is
> > not an option at all. Diego, you are the subversion expert: do you have
> > any suggestions? (BTW, thanks for the hint about propedit: I did not
> > know about it).
>
> Well, I *could* sit down and fiddle with the repository.  Is this wanted
> and desirable?

well, moving the swscaler from mplayer to ffmpeg was planed since some time
we should have done that before the cvs->svn switch ...

anyway as i dont see how that could be done now without breaking svn (revision
numbers would change) swscaler will either stay in mplayer and be checked out
as svn external in ffmpeg, or its moved to its own repository
i dont care which is choosen ...