[Ffmpeg-devel] Motion Compensation details needed

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Jun 25 01:52:41 CEST 2006

Hi

On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 10:18:36AM -0700, Mike Melanson wrote:
> Kostya wrote:
> > I currently work on P-frames and need to do motion compensation.
> > As I figured out it is done by call of ff_emulated_edge_mc() and pixel ops from DSPContext
> > Please tell how to use them and what operation to choose for halfpel/quarterpel and such.
>
> I don't know if you'll be able to just drop in the existing MC
> functions. You may have to add a new set of functions that use VC-1's
> fractional-pel coefficients. But I'm not a pro.

vc1 is a mess (no surprise here its MS design after all ...)

their bilinear mode with luma blocks seems to match
put(_no_rnd)_pixels_tab
their bilinear mode with rounding for chroma blocks should match
put_h264_chroma_pixels_tab
their bilinear mode without rounding is not implemented though its
a matter of a 2 line change in dsputil.c to add it with the
put_h264_chroma_pixels_tab related macros

their bicubic filters arent implemented, though maybe wmv2_mspel*
could be helpfull somehow ...