[Ffmpeg-devel] About swscale

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Wed Jun 28 21:31:05 CEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 21:03 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> iam against anything which changes revission numbers or dates
> so either leave swscale in mplayer and let ffmpeg check it out
> as external or move it to its own repository and let both
> mplayer and ffmpeg check it out as external

If by "changes revission numbers or dates" you mean you don't want those
to change even for the swscale files then I think it's not possible to
move it into its own repository.

I think leaving swscale in mplayer and making it external in ffmpeg
would cause problems. MPlayer would then have two copies of swscale (the
"real", probably unused where it is, implementation somewhere and then a
copy under its external ffmpeg).

Just adding the files to ffmpeg without previous history and making sure
the history is readily accessible elsewhere might be the most practical
solution.