[Ffmpeg-devel] About swscale

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Thu Jun 29 10:35:25 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-29 at 09:27 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> maybe it would have been better if mplayer and ffmpeg would have been in the
> same repository, i dunno, but what i do know is that this is a seperate problem

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.reposadmin.projects.html
discusses such issues, though it doesn't say anything particularly
insightful or surprising. Mainly it shows that having multiple projects
in the same repository is a normal way to use Subversion.

> your solution violates cvs policy, so unless you propose to change that and
> of course people agree to the change its not worth further disscussion
> cvs policy says (or at least did before the svn move) that moving files
> with cvs remove / cvs add is unaceptable, and people have lost their cvs
> accounts in the mplayer project for violating this IIRC ...

My interpretation is that the cvs policy said renaming the files on the
server was the preferred method which should be used instead of cvs
remove / cvs add. I don't think it can be used as a justification to
decide between the relative merits of svn remove/add or using svn
externals now. Current svn-howto.txt says to use "svn move", which is
not applicable. Neither externals nor move would be applicable if you
had to move a single file between repositories.