[Ffmpeg-devel] Bugreport: Problem with Files from VDR

Måns Rullgård mru
Thu Jun 29 21:11:54 CEST 2006

Marc Kalke <info at Marc-kalke.de> writes:

> M?ns Rullg?rd schrieb:
> [...]
>>>>

>>>Yes, vdr saves its DVB recordings as PES to that .vdr files.
>>>(according to http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/PES)
>>>
>>>Hmm, that seemed fixes to fix it in the first place. As I tried more files
>>>(with Audio and Video Streams), I found that streams are silently missing.
>>>(Note the warnings from mpeg2video, maybe this has something to do with it?)
>> Upload samples, please.  Always give us samples.
>>
> Yes, sorry.
>
> ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/vdr1/videoandaudio_trunc.vdr is
> the first 5MB of the file I used to demonstrate the effect in my
> last post.

Fixed.

That file is invalid according to ISO 13818-1, but we can still
process it.  A PES stream may only contain packets from a single
elementary stream, and must have ESCR and ES_Rate fields.  The VDR
files violate both of these rules.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com