[Ffmpeg-devel] MPEG2 decoding problems

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme
Thu Mar 2 20:49:03 CET 2006

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 09:07:06AM -1000, Steve Lhomme wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I came across some DVDs that are incorrectly decoded by FFMPEG and are
>> decoded fine with libmpeg2.
>>
>> Here is a sample:
>> http://www.matroska.org/~robux4/drdivx/samples/mpeg2-trunc.vob
>
> should be fixed

Thanks. I have many videos that behave better now. Unfortunately one of
them crashes after the first seek.

Here is the code I use when seeking:

   av_seek_frame(fctx, pkt.stream_index, offset, AVSEEK_FLAG_BACKWARD);
   avcodec_flush_buffers(pcodec);

The offset is correct as it was working fine before and seek around the
correct point. I've tried using -1 instead of pkt.stream_index but it
does the same.

I can't reproduce the crash when using the FFMPEG command-line as it
doesn't perform such seeking and FFPlay doesn't play anything.

I'm uploading a sample here (20,000KB):
http://www.matroska.org/~robux4/drdivx/samples/chems1.vob

Steve