[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg/libavformat/rtp.c does not compile

Rich Felker dalias
Thu Mar 2 23:24:47 CET 2006

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 09:26:19PM +0100, Fran?ois Revol wrote:
> > Fran?ois Revol wrote:
> > > http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/search?q=BE_16&defs=&refs=&path=&hist=
> > > >
> > 	Incredible. I suppose their set of BE_/LE_ macros is superior to
> > ours
> > since they have BE_8/LE_8 thus supporting byteswapping single bytes.
> >
> > 	Solution? Perhaps a sequence of
> >
> > #ifdef LE_16
> > #undef LE_16
> > #endif
> >
> > constructs in avcodec.h?
>
> Or maybe just name ours LE_16_P as they take a pointer ?
> Are those standardized, yes or no ?

Nothing to do with endian/byteswapping is standard except for the
swab() function in XSI, and it just always swaps. If only more people
would learn this and stop using glibc stuff as if it were standard...

Rich