[Ffmpeg-devel] DV and pix_fmt reporting

Dieter freebsd
Thu Mar 2 18:35:57 CET 2006

>> Just noticed one thing. When you probe the stream, pix_fmt is not set
>> correctly, displays yuv420p while obvioulsy pix_fmt is yuv422p.
>
>  Our first bug report for DVCPRO50 ;-)

You mean this?

Stream #0.0, 29.97 fps(c): Video: dvvideo, yuv420p, 720x480, q=2-31, 200 kb/s
                                           ^^^^^^^

Sounds like this might be the same bug I've been seeing?

http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2006-February/007772.html
http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2006-February/007780.html

I found a workaround:  add "-pixfmt yuv411p".  Which as far as I can tell
only changes the printout, the actual DV output is not affected.