[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg/libavformat/rtp.c does not compile

joelbberk at netscape.net joelbberk
Fri Mar 3 04:28:48 CET 2006

Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> wrote:

>joelbberk at netscape.net wrote:
>> I get the following compilation errors:
>>
>> rtp.c: In function `rtp_parse_mp4_au':
>> rtp.c:321: error: invalid operands to binary &
>> rtp.c:321: error: invalid operands to binary >>
>> gmake[1]: *** [rtp.o] Error 1
>>
>> The offending code line is:
>>
>>     au_headers_length = BE_16(buf);
>>
>> Any known workarounds or fixes?
>
>    If you are in the hacking mood, open libavcodec/avcodec.h and find this
>section:
>
>/* endian macros */
>#if !defined(BE_16) || !defined(BE_32) || !defined(LE_16) || !defined(LE_32)
>

>add the following lines between the comment and the #if:
>
>#undef LE_16
>#undef LE_32
>#undef BE_16
>#undef BE_32
>
>See if your specific problem goes away and please report back.

The problem I was having was just with BE_16, so I added the lines:

#ifdef BE_16
#undef BE_16
#endif

but the problem remained.  Then I substituted the BE_16 macro expansion itself for the reference and got past my problem.  Thanks for your post, though.  I have a successful compile, but I may submit a bug report anyway.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.