[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg/libavformat/rtp.c does not compile

Rich Felker dalias
Fri Mar 3 06:09:50 CET 2006

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 10:49:18PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> writes:
>
> > Rich Felker wrote:
> >> Nothing to do with endian/byteswapping is standard except for the
> >> swab() function in XSI, and it just always swaps. If only more people
> >> would learn this and stop using glibc stuff as if it were standard...
> >
> > 	What's XSI
>
> One of the many standards that most Unix systems implement parts of.
>
> >       and what glibc byteswapping facilities are people
> > 	treating as standard?
>
> I guess he's thinking of the ones in byteswap.h: bswap_16, bswap_32,
> bswap_64.

Yes, I've been trying to clean up busybox to make it portable, so this
stuff has been on my mind lately. Not complaining about anything in
ffmpeg; just answering the question about standards.

Rich